Concealed Carry Endorsement
Firearms Safety Training
DESCRIPTION: The 8-hour prerequisite to apply for a Concealed Carry Endorsement includes:
- Handgun Safety In The Classroom, On The Firing Range, While Carrying The Firearm, And At Home
- Safe Storage Of Firearms At Home
- Care And Cleaning Of Concealable Firearms
- The Basic Principles Of Marksmanship
- Obtaining Certificate Of Qualification And Concealed Carry Endorsement
- Laws Relating To Firearms & The Justifiable Use Of Force
- Student Demonstration Of Loading And Unloading both a Revolver and a Semi-Automatic Handgun
- Live Fire Exercise at 7 yards (40 rounds with test gun and 10 rounds with alternate gun)
- Live Fire Test at 7 yards (20 rounds with test gun)
- Two Certificates of Completion, one in Missouri format and one in Florida format (for recognition in additional state and portability)
- Indoor shooting range on site
- Gift certificate for Bass Pro Shops in the amount of $20
COST: $150 (includes $20 gift certificate for Bass Pro Shops)
ENROLLMENT AND PAYMENT METHODS:
- The preferred method is to enroll and pay online with a VISA or MasterCard, credit card or debit card.
- For students who do not have internet access, tuition is payable to Equalizer Defense by cashier’s check, money order, or personal check received 7 days prior to class. Mail with Enrollment Form to 14620 W. 78th St., Lenexa, KS 66216.
- The course takes place at Bass Pro Shops in Independence, MO (Located on the southwest quadrant of I-70 and I-470/M-291 Highway)
- The shooting qualification takes place at the indoor shooting range at Bass Pro Shops.
- Saturday classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Check-in time is 8:15 a.m.
July 26 , 2008
August 30 , 2008
September 28 , 2008
October 26 , 2008
November 16, 2008
December 21, 2008
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- The Release Agreement printed at the end of enrolling online, signed and dated (or a completed Enrollment Form signed and dated)
- Your driver’s license or non-driver identification card
WHAT TO BRING but LEAVE IN VEHICLE:
- A revolver* and a semi-automatic handgun in safe working condition (or rent them from us)
- At least 70 rounds of factory ammunition proper for the test gun
- At least 5 rounds of factory ammunition proper for the alternate gun
- A container to transport the handgun into the store
- Eye protection (eyeglasses are sufficient)
- Ear protection (ear plugs are sufficient)
*No single-action revolvers for the test gun due to time constraints.
Lunch break will be one hour, with times staggered depending on which group you are assigned. You may want to bring or buy a snack to tide you over if your group has a late lunch. The restaurant at Bass Pro Shops is the Islamorada Fish Company.
QUESTIONS? Call (913) 492-7264 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.