Concealed Handgun License
DESCRIPTION: The 8-hour prerequisite for Kansas residents to apply for a Concealed Handgun License includes:
- Basic Introduction to Handguns, Safe Handling and Storage of Firearms
- Firearm Care and Maintenance
- Legal Issues Relating to the Use of Deadly Force – Criminal, Civil, and License Provisions
- Use of Deadly Force – Preparedness for Confrontations
- Firearm Manipulation, Marksmanship and Practice
- Range Qualification of 18 Hits out of 25 Rounds on Scoring Portion of Approved Target
- Written Test Consisting of 25 Questions
- Photograph to enclose with license application (2”x2” glossy photo)
- Two Certificates of Completion, one in Kansas format and one in Florida format (for recognition by additional states)
- Shooting range costs
- Gift certificate for Bass Pro Shops in the amount of $20
COST: $150 (includes $20 gift certificate for Bass Pro Shops)
- The preferred method is to pay online with a VISA or MasterCard, credit card or debit card.
- For students who do not have internet access, tuition is payable to Equalizer Defense by cashier’s check, money order, or personal check received 7 days prior to class. Mail with Enrollment Form to 14620 W. 78th St., Lenexa, KS 66216.
- The course takes place at Bass Pro Shops, 12051 S. Renner Blvd., Olathe, KS 66062 (West of I-35 & South of 119th Street).
- The shooting qualification takes place mid-afternoon at a private outdoor range, so dress for the weather.
- Saturday classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Check-in time is 8:15 a.m.
July 12, 2008
August 23, 2008
September 14, 2008
October 4, 2008
November 8, 2008
December 13, 2008
January 10, 2009
February 7, 2009
- The preferred method is to enroll online. Cut off is the day before the class or when the class is full.
- For students who do not have internet access, enroll at least 10 days prior to the class by mailing a completed and signed Enrollment Form with full payment of tuition.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
- The printable version of the online receipt, signed and dated (or a completed Enrollment Form signed and dated)
- Your driver’s license or non-driver identification card
WHAT TO BRING but LEAVE IN VEHICLE:
- A handgun* in safe working condition (or rent one from us)
- At least 30 rounds of factory ammunition* proper for that handgun
- A belt and holster that covers the trigger guard
- Eye protection (eyeglasses or sunglasses are sufficient)
- Ear protection (ear plugs are sufficient)
Lunch break is 60 minutes long. The restaurant at Bass Pro Shops is the Islamorada Fish Company.
QUESTIONS? Contact Us.